Women of Distinction
Since 1973 YWCA Mankato has honored 150+ women and 8+ organizations for their leadership, significant impact on the community and their dedication to YWCA’s mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. Each of the women nominated have made a large impact on the community. Their efforts have helped women to live independently, combat ignorance, actively try to end gender violence and provide community assistance. Our objective is to honor and recognize women and girls of all ages from the greater Mankato area whose achievements have made a significant contribution to community life and embody the mission of YWCA Mankato. We also give a Distinctive Difference award to a business from the greater Mankato area whose achievements have made a significant contribution to community life and embody the mission of YWCA Mankato.
To Nominate a Woman:
Deadline: December 2nd, 2019. Refer to the guidlines below.
- The nominee must currently reside or be employed in the greater Mankato area.
- The nominee’s contributions may be at the community, state, or national level.
- The nominee embodies the YWCA mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.
- The nominee works to enrich our community and its members through accomplishments/initiatives by way of employment and/or volunteerism.
AREAS OF INFLUENCE
- Immigrant & refugee services/support
- Public Service
- Social change
- Women’s leadership
- Youth Development
Nominations are scored in the categories of:
- Empowering Women, Eliminating Racism (up to 40 points)
- Journey (up to 25 points)
- Leadership, Contributions, Impact (up to 25 points)
- Relationship with YWCA Mankato (up to 10 points)
About the selection process:
The Selection Committee is a confidential committee made up of:
- 1-2 YWCA Mankato board members
- 2-3 Past Honorees of the Women of Distinction Award
- 1-2 Women of Distinction Event Committee Members
1 YWCA Mankato staff (only as tie-breaker, if needed)
Nominate a business for a Distinctive Difference award HERE
The distinctive difference award honors and recognize a business or organization from the greater Mankato area whose achievements have made a significant contribution to community life and embody the mission of YWCA Mankato.
SUBMIT NOMINATIONS & LETTERS OF SUPPORT TO:
YWCA WOMEN OF DISTINCTION
ATTN: SELECTION COMMITTEE
127 S 2ND ST, SUITE 200, MANKATO, MN 56001
EMAIL: email@example.com | PHONE: 507-386-2180 | FAX: 507-345-4630
YWCA Mankato has honored and recognized the contributions of women in our community every year since 1973. Take a look at past recipients of the award.
For Additional Information:
Contact our office at 507-345-4629 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.