Women of Distinction
YWCA Mankato has recognized women annually with the Women of Distinction award since 1973. The award recognizes women in the greater Mankato community who have lived the goals and mission of the YWCA, which are to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. Collectively, their efforts have impacted areas such as arts and culture; education; immigrant and refugee services and support; public service; social change; volunteerism; women's leadership; youth development.
2019 Women of Distinction
Dr. Annette Parker
Young Woman of Distinction
Deisy De Leon Esqueda
|About The Coffee Hag|
YWCA Mankato has honored and recognized the contributions of women in our community every year since 1973. Take a look at past recipients of the award.
About the selection process:
The Selection Committee is a confidential committee made up of:
- 1-2 YWCA Mankato board members
- 2-3 Past Honorees of the Women of Distinction Award
- 1-2 Women of Distinction Event Committee Members
- 1 YWCA Mankato staff (only as tie-breaker, if needed)
Nominations are scored in the categories of:
- Journey (up to 25 points)
- Leadership, Contributions, Impact (up to 25 points)
- Empowering Women, Eliminating Racism (up to 40 points)
- Relationship with YWCA Mankato (up to 10 points)
For Additional Information:
Contact our office at 507-345-4629 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.