Volunteers Forms & Deadlines:
Ready to Learn
The Ready to Learn Program is seeking volunteers to work with immigrant and refugee families. The goal is to prepare children ages 0-5 for kindergarten. Volunteers will help fulfill this goal by visiting the family in their home and working with the children.
- Volunteers would meet with the families in the home and work with children ages 0-5 to prepare them for kindergarten.
- Volunteers would also assist the mother in understanding the K-12 system and how to help prepare their children.
- Volunteers meet with the family on a weekly basis for a minimum of 12 weeks.
- Volunteers must have reliable transportation, complete an orientation/training session, pass a background check and be over 18 years of age.
Application Deadline - Thursday, January 23, 2014
Girls on the Run
- Girls on the Run is a 10-12 week after school program that uses the power of running to help prepare girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. It's a place where participants learn how to celebrate being girls by building self-esteem and improving emotional and physical health.
- Each session is led by trained coaches who guide and mentor girls though a fun and uplifting curriculum. Along the way, the girls train together to walk or run a 5K.
- We are looking for both male and female coaches!
- Head coaches are required to be at their site twice a week and assistant coaches are required to be at their sites at least once a week. The sessions run after school until 5 p.m.
- Volunteers are required to complete an orientation/training session. Volunteers must pass a background check.
How to apply
A volunteer application must be completed and turned in to the YWCA Mankato.
· Mail to or drop off at the YWCA located on 500 South Broad Street, Mankato, MN.
· Fax (507) 345-4630
· Email: email@example.com
Priority placement is given to applications received on or before Friday, January 10, 2014. Once your completed application is reviewed, we may contact you to set up an interview.
Mandatory volunteer training for Girls on the Run Coaches
There are still opportunities to get involved with Girls on the Run, email Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All volunteers must attend one training session in order to be a Girls on the Run Coach.
For further assistance or more details about this opportunity, please contact Sam Ward by email email@example.com or by phone (507) 345-4629.